Powered by Blogger.

Review: The Little Alchemist



I recently placed an order on the Little Alchemist website for some skincare goodies and was so excited when my order arrived beautifully wrapped in a vintage newspaper print with twine. As beautiful as the presentation was, I was so curious to see how the products worked with my skin. I was drawn to The Little Alchemist as it is an Australian skincare line which utilises amazing anti-ageing ingredients in its fabulous creations. It is also totally natural, so skincare purists can get in on the act too. I have composed this review of several products I have been using for a long enough time to make a judgement call about.

Ultra C Radiance Serum

I am someone who is really particular about the oils I put on my face, due to my fussy skin, which demands not only moisture but acne scar lightening and blemish prevention properties. As a result, I only have a few face oils in my arsenal, and I am happy to share that this is one of them! Reading through the ingredients list, it's not hard to tell why I am crushing hard on this beauty. It contains coq10; a key ingredient in fighting cell damage, tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate (vitamin C ester) to brighten acne marks and promote even tone and texture, and date seed to delay the signs of ageing. It has such a light, silky texture that sinks into my skin readily after a facial mist. I also pat a few extra drops around my eyes, and on my lips, and find that my skin just feels so soft.

Ingredient; Rosa rubiginosa (Rosehip) Oil*, Argania Spinsosa(Argan) Oil*, Camellia Oleifera (Camellia) Seed Oil*,Squalane(Olive),Lycium Barbarum (Goji)Fruit Oil, Tetrahexyldecyl  Ascorbate (Vitamin C ester), Ubiquinone (Co Enzyme Q10), Phoenix Dactylifera (Date) Seed Extract, Salvia Hispanica (Chia) Seed CO2 Extract, Euterpe Oleracea (Acai) Fruit Extract*, Pascopyron Smithii (Wheatgrass) Extract*,Hippo phaerhamnoides (Seabuckthorn) Oil, Malpighia Glabra (Acerola) Fruit Extract*, Lycium Barbarum (Goji)Fruit Extract*,Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Fruit Extract, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) CO2 Extract, Ascophyllum Nodosum (Kelp) Extract*,Centella Asiatica (Gotu Kola) Extract*, Sambucus nigra Fruit Extract, Rentinol Palmitate(Vitamin A), Mixed Vitamin E Tocopherols
*Denotes certified organic

Kyella Rose Antioxidant Mist

It is only recently that I have come to appreciate the benefits of adding toners to my skincare routine. For such a long time, I thought that they were an unnecessary and expensive product. I'm so glad that this toner was added to my order, and I had the chance to try it. It was perfect for the dryness I experience around midday, and for misting pre face oil application at night. I noticed a decrease in forehead dehydration lines while using this regularly, and a brighter complexion, likely due to the bearberry and licorice extracts.

Ingredients: Rosa Damascena (Rose) Hydrosol*, Leuconostoc/Aloe barbadensis Leaf/ Sorbus Aucuparia Fruit Ferment Filtrate, Lycium Barbarum, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Extract*, (Goji Berry) Extract*, Calendula Officinalis (Calendula) Extract*, Arctostaphylos uva ursi (Bearberry) Extract*, Centella Asiatica (Gotu Kola) Extract*, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Extract*, Vaccinium Myrtillus (Bilberry Leaf) Extract*
*Denotes certified organic

Cacao and Banana Face Glow Mask

I have found myself reaching for this mask over my others lately. It is the easiest powder formulation that just requires liquid of your choice- I'm partial to honey, or just plain water- to turn it into the most incredible chocolately-smelling pudding. I use this once a week, smearing the goodness all over my face, leaving for ten minutes, then removing before it hardens. This is crucial for all masks containing clay, because if you leave it to completely dry, the clay can suck all of the moisture out of your skin, leaving it dehydrated. The glow and softness that I gain from this mask is comparable to May Lindstrom's The Problem Solver, and can probably be used on more sensitive skins.

Ingredients: Kaolin (Ivory clay), Theobroma cacao (raw)*, Musaacuminate (Banana)*, Euterpe Oleracea (Acai )*, Lycium barbarum (Goji Berry 40% Polysaccharides), Morinda citrifolia ( Noni Fruit)*,Garcinia mangostana (Mangosteen )*, Lepidium Peruvianum Chacon(Maca Root )*, Emblica Officinalis (Amla )*, Arthrospira Platensis (Spirulina)*, Punica granatum (Pomegranate )*, Cordyceps Sinensis (Cordyceps Mushroom ), Hippophae Rhamnoides (Sea Buckthorn ), Chlorella vulgaris (Chlorella - Thin Cell Wall), Medicago Sativa (Alfalfa Leaf)*, Carica Papaya (Green Papaya ), Withania Somnifera (Ashwagandha )*, Fucus Vesiculosus (Bladderwrack )*, Pink Clay, Yellow Clay, Zeolite, Cocos nucifera (coconut juice)*, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric Root)*
*Denotes certified organic

Lime and White Tea Body Serum

Although this body oil has not yet launched, I couldn't help but share my thoughts on it! Leaving me reminiscent of childhood days filled with sun and lime cordial, but with a more sophisticated edge, I have looked forward to applying this every morning. I never thought that I would find a lime scented body serum appealing, but consider me a convert! The serum is in the form of an ultra-light oil consistency, which applies really easily on damp skin and leaves you feeling hydrated without that oil slick feeling. Ingredients like the Acai, Wheatgrass and Goji Berry in this really do make this a powerful potion for your skin to drink up- without the bad aftertaste of taking Wheatgrass internally ;)

Ingredients: Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (Coconut) Oil, sambucus nigra fruit (elderberry) oil*, Euterpe Oleracea (Acai) Fruit Extract*, Pascopyron Smithii (Wheatgrass) Extract*, Lycium Barbarum (Goji Berry) Fruit Extract*, natural and organic fragrance, vitamin E.
*Denotes certified organic

2 comments

  1. I love the sound of the Banana and Cacoa face mask. Great review x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get the chance to try this Karen. Thankyou x

      Delete